Monday 26 October 2009

A quickie

Today I had it suggested me that I apply for an internship with the Independent, on the basis that they're "starving and broke". I laughed, and then had a look at their website.

One particular article on higher education caught my eye. It was poorly written and seemingly finished halfway through, without concluding. The sole comment at the bottom (integrated via LiveJournal, rather than being a piece of built-in functionality - "broke" indeed) said, and I quote: "What a pointless article".

I then had a quick look at their list of columnists. Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, Johann Hari, Janet Street-Porter and John Rentoul all leapt out of the page, snarling through the plastic barrier of my screen. At least Rentoul's redeeming feature is that he's regularly cited by Howard Denton's pro-Labour blog, which is both insightful and free from the shameless attacks that feature heavily on other political blogs.

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers - anything's better than the Grauniad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And with an attitude like that, I'm sure they'll be delighted to have you.